Monday, June 14

Amalfi and Its Coast

Picture from the Bus of a city

Sunday, June 13 (Happy Birthday Granddaddy), we went to Amalfi. To get there, we took a train to Sorrento, and then a bus to Amalfi. On the bus, we drove along the Amalfi Coast which is very beautiful. Lots of little towns burried in the hillsides.

Anyway, the bus ride was very interesting. I doubt that Italy needs to spend much money on amusement park rides, because a ride on a bus down this road, is enough thrill for me. Lots and lots of turns overhanging from the side of a mountain with a looooong drop down. It was pretty, but a little intense for me. However, the journey was very beautiful.

We arrived at Amalfi, and walked around a little and exploring the little part of town we were in. Lucky me, my camera died and I forgot my extra battery. But I still got plenty of photographs.


Here is a view of the sea from a road we walked along.

We did not do much besides walk around and admire the little place. We ate food and gelato (I know this is a huge surprise) and eventually made our way back to Naples via bus and train. I retired early for the night to rest up for another busy day.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment