Once we arrived at the Island, we took a 2 hour boat tour around the Island, that was pretty good and we got to see a lot of the Island from the sea. It was very mountainous and just seemed to jut out from the sea. There were lots of buildings in the mountain sides and a lot of pretty views. We got to see and go through the arch of the one of the Faraglioni rocks and continue around the island.
(the other is still attached to the land)
We went through the arch on our boat tour
We went through the arch on our boat tour
After our boat tour, we decided to eat some grub. We were informed that it would be worth our time to go to the Centro and eat some gelato there. So we found a sign and began heading up a little pathway with stairs and walkways. It was very cute, but after a while of walking up a steep mountain, the rest of the group decided to stop, because we did not know how much farther it was (and we were hot and hungry and it was very steep). Aaron wanted to continue, so the rest of the group went back down and I followed him up and up and up and eventually after a long walk and lots of grumping from me, we made it to the Centro. Let me tell you, this is like the perfect example of perseverance. The Little Engine that Could had nothing on me. The view was beautiful! Pictures do not do it justice.
Anyway, Aaron and I had a very nice lunch and a surprise. After lunch I found out that there are lots of other ways to get to the center besides hiking uphill, but the rest of the group walked up (yes walked up) and we walked around up there looking at the beautiful landscapes for a while before returning to Naples.
We returned to Naples, tired from a long day in the sun (and walking up hill forever) but I had a wonderful and memorable day at Capri.
The pictures are unreal. So beautiful! Sounds like a fantastic trip. Lots of time on the water--I bet you got some sun!
ReplyDeleteLol...I did get some sun, not the good kind though, I have some sweet tan lines from where I missed some sun screen. Little stripes of Red. Lol
ReplyDeleteWhat a magestic view and magical moment in your lives!!!!! congrats! We love you.
ReplyDeletemom and dad
Congrats on your surprise! Your mom showed me pictures. So glad she shared your blog with me so I can keep up with your adventures :)
ReplyDelete