Sunday, July 18

Mt. Vesuvius (and more Naples)!!!

Me with some pretty yellow bloom on some type of tree/bush
These covered the mountain side


Today we went to Mt. Vesuvius and took a little hike to see the crater! It was pretty sweet. It was a pretty good day to go I thought. It was a little cloudy, so the view was a not super clear (still awesome mind you) and super sunny. But the weather felt sooooo good on the mountain. There was a great breeze, a nice little hike, and (when the clouds were not in the way) an amazing view!

A view from the top of Mt. Vesuvius
It was pretty!

Handsome and I at Vesuvius, with our backs to the crater

After we took our little hike up the mountain, we headed back to Naples. After relaxing for a bit, we decided to take a walk towards a place called Posillipo. Here, there are some little beachy areas, and some really pretty views of the bay of Naples and the city. I took several, but here is one for you to see. I shall show you the rest when I get back.

A view from Posillipo

Also, I totally got to eat gelato twice, yes TWICE today. It was great. The two gelato places were actually really good. I think the second one we ate was the best though. It was on the way up to Posillipo, and let me tell you, if you see a gelateria with a line of Italians and a place where you have to draw a number, that is THE place to eat gelato. It was sooo yummy.

This was pretty much it for today. Lots of walking to lots of places and yummy ice cream. I am almost done with my tour and time in Italy. One weekend left, and I intend to visit Pompeii. I'll keep you updated. From me with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment