Venice. I went there. It was amazing. Different from any other city in the world. We went there the Friday July 2nd and left on Sunday July 4th. We took a plane. Anyway, Venice was hot, humid, and extremely beautiful despite the heat. Unfortunately for us, some of the really cool things like the awesome church and the bridge of sighs were surrounded by screens for construction or cleaning or something so that was a little bit of a bummer (oh well, that just means I have to go back again). That being said I still thought Venice was amazing!
So here is what I was up to:
Friday:
We left Naples in the morning and arrived in Venice by 10:30 am or so. We took a little water bus to the Island of Moreno and explored there for a little while. It was pretty cool. We got to see all kinds of amazing glass shops and exhibits. After walking around and eating, we found our way back to the water bus, and took it to Venice early in the afternoon. Then followed alot of walking around and exploring. We saw lots of bridges, and lots of water (I know this is a huge surprise) and then met up with our comrades from the other city in the evening.
Saturday:
We walked around some more. Went to see St. Marks Square again and wondered around the city. We went into little shops that sold masks and glass and all kinds of other things. We saw alot of gondolas (no, I did not ride in one...that is on the to do list the next time I go to Venice, they are pricey let me tell you) and enjoyed the city. In the evening, we walked down to the port and wandered around for a while. We tried bilini (I do not know that I sprelled it right) which is like a typical Venetian drink. It was pretty tasty.
Sunday:
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!We were bound and determined to do something American to celebrate the 4th of July. Since we were not going to shoot off fireworks, we found a Hard Rock Cafe in Venice, and at 11:00am, we went there and ate a bunch of food. Aaron and I ate lots of BBQ and enjoyed a little touch of home.
After our yummy lunch, we packed ourselves up and headed to the airport for our return flight to Naples. Venice was a very unique and beautiful city. I enjoyed it. I am not sure if I like it better than Florence, but it was definitely worth visiting and seeing an entire city focused around the water instead of the land. Until Later!
I love this last picture of you two! Keep writing, I am really enjoying reading about your adventures.
ReplyDelete