Today, we stayed in Naples and wondered around the city that we have lived in for 6 weeks already. Before we began our wondering around though, we went to the Archeological Museum in Naples, the one close to me. I was super excited to finally go here.
Museum:
Okay, I was excited. Super excited. We paid our money, and got our tickets, and began our tour. First off, I must say I was slightly dissapointed in the fact that about half of the exhibits were not open due to this or that. It was a bummer, becuase some of them I really wanted to see (though, I had the luck to see their Gladiator exhibit when it was on loan to the Colosseum when we went, which was good because it was not at the museum when I went today). That be said, it was still good. We got to see alot of really old things. Stuff from Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples and other places. We saw frescos, old tools, surgical tools (glad for technology) statues, and Michelangelo stuff and other things. I thought it was pretty cool.
Naples:
After the museum, we ate food, and walked around the city. We ended up at another castle in Naples: Castel Nuovo. Very different from the first castle we went to (Castle Dell'Ovo) but still pretty cool.
Tomorrow, we plan to go to Mt. Vesuvius and go on a little hike! I am pretty excited! I'll update you on how that goes later. Talk to you soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Is that the castle with the stage?!?
ReplyDeleteyes...that is the castle with the stage. the stage it not actually part of the castle though. Someone put it in there for some kind of performance. It is not castle stage authentic.
ReplyDelete